Burlesque Show @ UberCon?

Discussion regarding our flagship UberCon location - New Jersey - goes here.

Burlesque Show @ UberCon?

Postby Vladimir the Dragon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:59 pm

We've got some folks interested in performing a Burlesque routine on Friday night, later in the evening. I'm trying to find out what kind of interest level exists for those of you who would be willing to attend?
Vladimir the Dragon

Re: Burlesque Show @ UberCon?

Postby DJNMahalaleel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:42 pm

That actually sounds pretty cool; I don't think I've ever heard of a con doing a burlesque show. Would it have any sort of gaming connection, cuz I think that'd sweeten the deal a lot, otherwise it might seem out of place.
DJNMahalaleel

Postby AnjaKeister » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Let me explain a little bit more....

Hello everyone, my name is Anja Keister and I am a burlesque performer in New York City. I am also a board game nerd. Since burlesque shows are popping up at more and more conventions (nerdapalooza, otakon) I wanted to propose the idea of a board/card game themed burlesque show for UberCon.

If you are unfamiliar with burlesque I highly suggest looking it up, but the quick synopsis is that it is vaudville + striptease - the nudity = burlesque. No one will be naked (at least no one on stage....) but it would probably be an 18+ affair and would be done later into Friday night. Depending on how much interest there is in this event, it's still up in the air whether or not there will be tips collected after the show or a small ticket price.

So, what do you all think?
AnjaKeister

Postby AnjaKeister » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 am

I made a reply but it didn't show up, just testing to see if this one will...
AnjaKeister

Postby Mike C » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 pm

I'll probably be running or playing games. If this does happen, it would have to be in a separate location away from gaming and there should be an ID check. I'm okay with it. I was considering running "mature board games" after midnight this year.
Mike C
King of Vlad

Postby Osk, MinionOfCthulhu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:31 am

I'd be so totally there! Would LOVE it if this happened!
Devoted Servant of the Great Old Ones
Osk, MinionOfCthulhu
1st Knight of Vlad

Return to UberCon New Jersey